Meeting chaired by: Lee Taylor / Sean Hood
Minutes by: Lee Taylor
• Lee Taylor
• Sean Hood
• James Allsopp
• Kirsty Martin
• Stuart Cannon
• Anita Lower
• Nikky Jane
- Previous Minutes/Actions
• Estates drawings are currently being updated
• New estates manager (Rachel Kadansky) appears very approachable and is very efficient, she aims to get things operating efficiently and doing what’s needed for the estate
• Estates manager would like to meet the residents at some point in future
• Anita Lower met estates manager, she currently needs authority from developers as they hold the budgets, bonds to the developers will need to be broken at some point.
• Make request for estates fund to be managed by consortium, not the developers.
• Ranger is in position now but is currently tied to the city centre. No ranger has been on site for over six-months.
• Interactive strategic routes map should be added to the NPG website soon with a full website rebuild and ongoing development moving forward.
• Electric charge points available, website notification to be put up.
• Full landscaping plans are being reviewed by the landscaping architects with Newcastle City Council.
• Bitesize guide to the estate/consortium/service charge
• Bitesize guide to altering housing
• Residents newsletter budget available from the community officer.
• Contacting NCC about testing site, Ashwood close has a lot of people coming to the area trying to find the place, people not reading signs, signage has been stabilised.
• Member database to be set up, needs to be password protected for GDPR
• Constitution to be issued
- Issues List
• No major issues brought up in the last month
• Hedge heights to be checked
• Roads to be swept as full of road grit
• Some drains are blocked on site by soil & detritus
• Lights around greenside and great park, some not finished.
• Some of the paths still do not have wearing course
• Temporary bridges still in place, when will the permanent bridges be installed by the environment agency?
- Town Centre
• Supermarket is going ahead
• Plans going forward with supermarket, hoping to be on site before Christmas might be hearing more from planning within 12 weeks
• Three interested parties currently moving forward with regards to retail units
• Letter form Neighbourhood Association to Michelle with regards to what the residents want in the town centre.
• Newcastle City Council ensured there was power under the footpaths in the town centre and would encourage a Christmas tree to be installed by the council.
- Any other business
• Adoption of the roads by the council, what is the consortiums/developers plans for this?
• No limits on the time frame for the developer handover the roads
• Note that after the meeting, the speed awareness indicator has finally been replaced driving into the estate
- Next Meeting
• 28Oct20 1930
|1||Find latest estate plans & print||LT|
|2||Weekly update – include about road signs – Make this monthly now that issues have dropped?||SH/DG|
|3||Full review of issues with new EM would be useful in future||TBC|
|4||Look at bitesize guides for residents||All|
|5||Check previous minutes for when people joined GPNA||LT|
|6||Issue constitution to all committee members for final approval prior to issue||LT|
|7||Residents newsletter budget||LT|
|8||Letter to Michelle from GPNA||LT|
Claudia Birtwisle – Traffic and safety
Our current Committee Officers are:
Co-Chair – Sean Hood (IT & Comms)
Co-Chair – Denise Gilholme
Treasurer – James Allsopp
Secretary – Lee Taylor
Kirsty Martin – Greenside rep
Ruth Hewett – Melbury and Walkworth Woods rep